[ANN] R2CORBA 1.1.0 released
Remedy IT is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.0 of R2CORBA, the reference implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language mapping (RCLM). This software is provided as Open Source.
Remedy IT is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.0 of R2CORBA, the reference implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language mapping (RCLM). This software is provided as Open Source.R2CORBA provides a 100% OMG RCLM compliant CORBA implementation for MRI and JRuby running on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX featuring:
- 100% native Ruby IDL compiler;
- support for direct IDL inclusion in Ruby code;
- support for Ruby CORBA clients;
- support for Ruby CORBA servants;
- support for all IDL defined datatypes;
- and more...
The most important changes in this release are:
- NEW: support for MRI 1.9.2
- NEW: support for multithreading in all R2CORBA variants (native threading in R2CORBA for MRI 1.9.2 and JRuby; green threads in R2CORBA for MRI 1.8 series)
- NEW: addition of Interoperable Naming Service (INS) fully compliant with OMG Naming Service spec v1.3
- validated with JRuby 1.6.1
- validated interoperability with omniORBpy
- and much more (see the CHANGES document in the distribution)
You can read more about R2CORBA and the RCLM at the Wiki of the R2CORBA project at http://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba.
You can also browse the subversion repository there at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/repository.
Download packages (both binary and sourcecode) are available at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/files.