[ANN] R2CORBA 1.1.1 released
Remedy IT is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.1 of R2CORBA, the reference implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language mapping (RCLM). This software is provided as Open Source.
R2CORBA provides a 100% OMG RCLM compliant CORBA implementation for MRI and JRuby running on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX featuring:
- 100% native Ruby IDL compiler;
- support for direct IDL inclusion in Ruby code;
- support for Ruby CORBA clients;
- support for Ruby CORBA servants;
- support for all IDL defined datatypes;
- and more...
This is a bugfix only release which corrects a number of recently found problems with the 1.1.0 release such as:
- incorrect IDL compiler handling of 'sequence of incomplete struct’ types.
- missing PortableServer::ServantLocator IDL definition
- reverted incorrect removal of '--prefix’ switch of setup.rb install command.
- added some patches for compile problems with older MRI 1.8 distros.
Most importantly this release fixes the openSuSE Build Service (OBS) build problems so that you can now again download R2CORBA RPM’s for:
- Fedora 12-14
- Mandriva 2009.1, 2010, 2010.1
- Novell SLES_9, SLE_11, SLE_11_SP1
- openSuSE 11.2 - 11.4, Factory, Tumbleweed
Go to http://software.opensuse.org/114/en, enter 'r2corba’, select your distribution of choice and press [Search].
You can read more about R2CORBA and the RCLM at the Wiki of the R2CORBA project at http://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba.
You can also browse the subversion repository there at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/repository.
Download packages (both binary and sourcecode) are available at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/files.